Local nonprofit conservation organization Upstate Forever announced the recipients of the 2021 ForeverGreen Awards on Feb. 18.
These awards are given to honor individuals and organizations that may have made significant contributions in fields related to conservation and sustainable growth in Upstate South Carolina.
“We are proud to recognize the commitment of each of these individuals and organizations to celebrating and protecting our region’s rich natural resources, and ensuring future generations have the opportunity to enjoy a more environmentally healthy, equitable Upstate,” said Upstate Forever executive director Andrea Cooper.
The 2021 ForeverGreen Award recipients are:
- David L. Hargett of Lake Conestee Nature Preserve, Brad Wyche Extraordinary Achievement Award
- Southern Environmental Law Center, Clean Water Champion Award
- Sustaining Way, Environmental Equity and Justice Award
- Former city of Greenville community development administrator Ginny Stroud, Land Planning and Policy Champion Award
- Judy I. Cromwell, Marjorie E. Schmidt Stewardship Award
- Clemson University alumni distinguished professor of wildlife ecology Drew Lanham, Tommy Wyche Land Conservation Champion Award
The 2021 award recipients will be recognized in a special edition of the “Upstate Advocate,” the nonprofit’s twice-yearly printed publication.
In addition, this year’s honorees will be recognized at the 2022 ForeverGreen Awards luncheon.