Loaves and Fishes has announced the winner of the top awards at its 2023 Taste of the Upstate Food Rescue Challenge on April 16 at the Bon Secours Wellness Arena.
Event proceeds will be used to support the Upstate nonprofit’s fleet of refrigerated vehicles.
The winners include:
- John DeJong Culinary Excellence Award – Coral and Chef Joshua Dill, Sous Chef Addison Stone and Pastry Chef Katie Shegda
- Best Presentation Award – Avenue’s Chef Greg Teal
- Best Food Rescue Dish – The Herbal Farmercy’s Chef Eugena Talley
- Best Sweet Dish – Pop Kulture’s Chef Makiya Lesley
- Most Original Dish – Sun Belly Café’s Chef Deborah Bouts
- People’s Choice – White Wine + Butter’s Chef Michael Sibert
Since 1999, this tasting event has called on local chefs to raise support for food rescue by competing for restaurant awards.