Tis the season to be jolly! Keep your smile looking it’s best this holiday season with a few simple tips.
- Brushing is key to a happy, healthy smile! Try to brush at the least two times
per day, and a bit more if eating those wonderful sweet treats. Remember to avoid or limit the sticky sweets like taffy, caramels and even hard candies; these treats leave residue on the teeth increasing the risk of decay.
- To keep your teeth their whitest stick to light colored or clear beverages. Many of our favorite holiday beverages like the red wine, mixed cocktails and mulled ciders are acidic and staining – just try to rinse throughout the evening, no one will know and you will be doing your teeth a favor!
- NEVER EVER use your teeth as tools; don’t tear tape, paper or open any packages with your teeth and don’t pull that cork with your teeth! Using your teeth as a tool could cause breakage and serious, costly damage. Having dental work during your holiday is not what anyone wants.
- When you are out at holiday celebrations carry a little hygiene kit, a small floss for that spinach dip in the teeth, even a travel toothbrush or disposable brush to clean away the many foods that can do a number on your teeth. In a pinch even sugar-free gum after eating to freshen up and remove some food residue will work.
- Be kind to your smile – take care of your teeth by scheduling needed dental work and always keeping your regular preventative appointments!
Make your resolution now to make the most of your smile; in the coming year treat yourself to that whitening or those veneers you dreamed of and no matter what commit to the regular check-ups! Keep smiling in the years to come!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from the Team at Meyer Dentistry!
Crowns in one visit • WHITENING • veneers • Orthodontics
1212 HAYWOOD RD., SUITE 300, GREENVILLE • 864-213-4442 | www.meyerdentistry.com