Bunnell-Lammons Engineering (BLE) will begin inspecting nine of the 17 pedestrian bridges along the Swamp Rabbit Trail July 22. Inspectors will analyze the welds, structural steel components, bolting connections, and the foundations of the bridges.
The inspections will occur from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. with the estimated completion date of Aug. 16. BLE will provide a report outlining bridge conditions and recommendations for maintenance at the end of the inspection period to City of Greenville officials.
These are the bridges that will be examined:
- Bridge near Richland Way and Ebaugh Avenue
- Bridge near Willard Street and Mayberry Street
- Anderson Memorial Bridge
- Twin bridges (2) near Cleveland Park Drive and Lakehurst Street
- Arch bridges (2) near Shelter 3 in Cleveland Park
- Arch bridge across from tennis courts in Cleveland Park
- Garden Club Bridge in Falls Park