Miracle Hill Ministries named Ryan Duerk as their new president and CEO effective January 1, 2020 today. He’ll be succeeding Reid Lehman, Miracle Hill’s current CEO and president of 30 years, when he retires.
Here are some things to know about Duerk:
- Duerk has a personal story of overcoming addiction that helped him to develop his sensitivity to people who are hurting and needing support.
- He was hired from within Miracle Hill; he’s worked there for 11 years and is currently the VP of Adult Ministries, where he oversees Miracle Hill’s homeless shelters and addiction recovery facilities.
- He holds an MBA from Anderson University and a BS in Experimental Psychology from USC Upstate.
- He’s a board certified counselor through the American Association of Christian Counselors.
- He also serves as Chair of the Greenville Homeless Alliance.
Regarding his new role, Duerk released this comment: “Serving the lost, hurting and homeless is one of the greatest passions of my life. Although the Upstate has a great collaborative breadth of service providers, the work is not done, and I look forward to helping Miracle Hill continue to lead in the efforts to be a friend to those who can’t find one anywhere else.”