Here’s a recap of Greer City Council’s June 8 meeting:
APPROVED: Final reading of 2021-22 budget containing millage increase
City Council approved the 2021-22 budget ordinance with a proposed 1.2 mills increase in the new budget, which will be used for infrastructure projects.
The millage increase is the first in the city of Greer since the fiscal year 2010-11 and amounts to approximately $9 on a $200,000 home.
The total budget is $32,843,296.
APPROVED: Contract awarded for construction of Turner Field outdoor restroom building
City Council voted to approve Apostolic Construction Co. to construct Turner Field’s new outdoor restroom building.
The building is expected to cost about $49,000.
APPROVED: Reappointment of board and commission members
City Council voted to reappoint the following board and commission members:
- William A. “Andy” Burleigh, Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport Environs Planning Commission
- Brandon Price, Board of Architectural Review
Board of Zoning Appeals
- Glendora Massey, District 2
- Robbie Septon, District 4
- William Crosby, District 5
- Monica Y. Ragin, member at large
- Tom Kriese, District 3
- Brian Martin, District 6
- William Lavender, member at larger
Before the vote, each of the board or commission member’s term was expected to expire on June 30.
APPROVED: Municipal judge reappointed
City Council voted to reappoint Municipal Judge Henry “Hank” Mims, whose term would have expired June 30.