Five men will face off on the debate stage in the running for Greenville County Sheriff on Monday.
The 90-minute debate amongst Republican candidates is scheduled for 7 p.m. on Monday Dec. 9 at Global Trade Park, located at 200 Fairforest Way in Greenville.
Candidates who have filed for the race and who will be on the debate stage are:
- Darius Hall, captain at the Greenville County Sheriff’s Office
- Hobart Lewis, former Greenville County deputy and owner of Carolina Elite Services in Greer
- A.T. “Tommy” Smith, independent consultant, former Deputy Director of the Secret Service, former Greenville County deputy
- Robert Whatley, deputy with the Greenville County Sheriff’s office
- Lt. Col. Sean Zukowsky, longtime military veteran, currently in the Marine reserves, former undersheriff of the Broward County Sheriff’s Office
Public speaking coach Deb Sofield of First Monday and Joey Hudson of WGTK 94.5 will moderate the debate.
The Republican primary, which has historically decided the sheriff, will be held Jan. 7, with the general election scheduled for March 10.
The race will decide who will replace former sheriff Will Lewis, who is currently incarcerated after being convicted on charges of misconduct in office.