Upstate drivers will experience two overnight detours, Sept. 17-18, at the 85-385 Gateway Interchange. Now is the perfect time for Siri to start rerouting and not the perfect time for u-turns.
Directions for detour:
- The section of I-85 Southbound at the interchange with I-385 will be closed
- Will occur between 11 p.m. and 5 a.m. to allow for the demolition of the old I-385 bridge
- All I-85 Southbound traffic will be detoured at Exit 51C to I-385 Northbound
- Drivers will be turned around at Roper Mountain Road (Exit 37)
- Then take I-385 Southbound to Exit 36B and I-85 Southbound
Drivers are advised to be alert when using the intersection and to obey all traffic patterns and speed limits.