Seamanship Class at Cabela’s
March 9 - April 27$60
Build boating confidence and competence for safe and fun on-the-water adventures. Seamanship provides a foundation of knowledge and skills in boat handling and maneuvering, boat operation, skipper’s responsibilities, and boating techniques that will increase your boating enjoyment.
For both sail and powerboats, Seamanship covers a wide range of topics, including:
- Types of boats and how they behave on the water
- Anchoring in various conditions
- Docking and line handling
- Close quarter maneuvering
- Rules of the “road”
- Communication with other boats
- How to respond to various emergencies
- Marlinespike/basic knots
- And other interesting topics
This course consists of eight two-hour sessions: six sessions of study, one session of review and one session for the exam. Classes take place every Thursday between March 9 and April 27. Contact Chris Rose at 864-567-1394 to register.