The South Carolina Department of Education invites the public to review textbooks and instructional materials in 14 subject areas. These materials have been proposed for use in South Carolina’s K-12 public schools.
The instructional tools will be on display through November 15, 2019 at 20 college and university campuses throughout the state as well as online. Instructions for submitting comments will also be available at each site.
Additionally, digital access and public comment is available for the recommended programs via this link (https://bit.ly/2MvciQF).
The materials will be recommended to the State Board of Education for adoption on December 10, 2019 by the Instructional Materials Review Panels appointed by the Board.
The State Board of Education will receive public comments before a final decision is made on adopting the instructional tools.
The materials are in the following subject areas:
- Mathematics, K–5 (includes Math Immersion for Spanish, French, German, Chinese etc.)
- Mathematics 6–8
- Social Studies Grade 7 (Geography)
- Automotive Collision Repair Technology 1, 2, 3, 4
- Automotive Technology 1, 2, 3, 4
- Barber/Master Hair Care 1, 2, 3, 4
- Cosmetology 1, 2, 3, 4
- Emergency Medical Services 2, 3
- Emergency Medical Services, Introduction
- Health Science 1, 2, 3
- Health Science Clinic Study
- Medical Terminology
- Nail Technology 1, 2, 3, 4
The following college and university campuses are serving as public review sites in the Upstate:
- Bob Jones University, Mack Library, 1700 Wade Hampton Blvd., Greenville, SC 29614.
- Clemson University , Education Media Center, 212 Tillman Hall, Clemson, SC 29634.
- Converse College, Mickel Library, Spartanburg, SC 29302.
- Erskine College, Two Washington Street, Due West, SC 29639.
- Furman University, James B. Duke Library/Ground Floor/Curriculum Collection, 3300 Poinsett Hwy., Greenville, SC 29613.
- Lander University, Jackson Library, 320 Stanley Avenue, Greenwood, SC 29649.
- Limestone College, 101 Griffith St, Gaffney, SC 29340.
- North Greenville University, Hester Memorial Library (Averyt-Wood Building), 7801 N. Tigerville Rd, Tigerville, SC 29688.
- Southern Wesleyan University, Rickman Library, 916 Wesleyan Drive, Central, SC 29630.
- University of South Carolina – Upstate, 800 University Way, HEC 3004, Spartanburg, SC 29303.
- Winthrop University, Instructional Technology Center, 307 Withers Building, Rock Hill, SC 29733.
- Wofford College, 108 Daniel Building, 429 North Church Street, Spartanburg, SC 29303.