Local nonprofit Senior Action is offering free meals to anyone over 60. The program is open to the public, and participation is not tied to financial need or any other criteria.
Members of the public interested in participating should reach out to Senior Action to reserve meals. Participants will receive two meals on Monday and Wednesday and three meals on Fridays. If the recipient is unable to pick up the food, that person may send someone else.
The drive-thru distribution centers are:
- Senior Action Headquarters, 50 Directors Drive, Greenville
- Simpsonville Activity Center 310 W. Curtis St., Simpsonville
- Slater-Marietta Community Center, 5 Whitney St., Marietta
- Berea Community Center, 6 Hunts Bridge Road, Greenville
- Long Branch Baptist Church, 28 Bolt St., Greenville
- Pleasant Valley Connection, 510 Old Augusta Road, Greenville
- Greer Needmore Center, 202 Canteen Ave., Greer
While the other distribution centers will be open from 11:30 a.m. to noon on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays for meal pickup, the Simpsonville Activity Centers will distribute meals from noon to 12:30 p.m. on the same days.
In addition to the free meals service, Senior Action is offering a prescription pickup service for people who need prescriptions picked up but are uncomfortable going or cannot get to the pharmacy.
To reserve meals or request prescription pick-up, call 864-467-3660.