Greenville County Schools and Prisma Health announced Monday, June 7 they are organizing COVID-19 vaccine events at district high schools. Prisma will be providing the Pfizer vaccine, which has been approved by the Food and Drug Administration for use on those 12 and older.
Between 1 p.m. and 1:30 p.m., high school students and staff either attending or working summer school will be able to get their shot. Community members will also have access to the vaccine from from 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
A parent or guardian must be present for children ages 12-15 to receive the shot.
Schedule for vaccine events:
- Tuesday, June 8 – Hillcrest and Woodmont
- Monday, June 14 – Greer, Blue Ridge, and Riverside
- Tuesday, June 15 – Travelers Rest and Berea
- Thursday, June 17 – Carolina, Greenville, and Southside
- Monday, June 28 – Eastside, Wade Hampton, and JL Mann (including Mauldin High students)