Greenville County and the Greenville County Redevelopment Authority have awarded funds to several local agencies to provide food and nutritional, medical and small-business assistance to eligible Greenville County residents who have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The agencies who received funds include:
- Greer Relief, food and nutrition assistance
- Foothills Family Resources, food and nutrition assistance
- Salvation Army, food and nutrition assistance
- Harvest Hope, food and nutrition assistance
- Unity Health on Main, food, nutrition and medical assistance
- Center for Community Service, food and nutrition assistance
- First Impressions of SC, food and nutrition assistance
- Fellow Countryman, food and nutrition assistance
- Greenville Free Medical Clinic, medical assistance
- Community Works Carolina, small business assistance
All applicants for monetary assistance must be residents of Greenville County. People living in the Spartanburg County side of Greer city limits or past the Greenville County border in Fountain Inn may also apply. They must meet household income qualifications and be able to prove that their household was financially impacted by COVID-19.
Funds became available on Sept. 1, and grants will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis until the funds are exhausted.
GCRA and Greenville County previously awarded funding assistance for rental, mortgage and utilities in August 2020.
For more information, contact the United Way of Greenville County Resource Line by dialing 211 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.