Greenville County and the Greenville County Redevelopment Authority have awarded funds received from the federal CARES Act to several local agencies to provide mortgage, rental and utility assistance to eligible Greenville County residents who have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The agencies who received funds include:
- Greer Relief & Resources Agency Inc., rental and/or utility assistance
- The Salvation Army of Greenville, rental and/or utility assistance
- SHARE, rental and/or utility assistance
- Greenville County Human Relations Commission, rental, mortgage and/or utility assistance
- United Housing Connections, rental and/or utility assistance
- Foothills Family Resources, utility assistance only
- Center for Community Services, utility assistance only
All applicants for the monetary assistance must be residents of Greenville County. People living in the Spartanburg County side of Greer city limits or past the Greenville County border in Fountain Inn may also apply. They must meet household income qualifications and prove that their household was financially impacted by COVID-19.
The funds became available on Aug. 1, and grants will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis until the funds are exhausted.
For more information, contact the United Way Greenville County Resource Line by dialing 211 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday to reach the United Way Greenville County Resource Line.