North Greenville University’s annual Homecoming celebration returns to the Tigerville Campus Oct. 25. A full weekend of festivities will be headlined by NGU’s football game against Valdosta State in Melvin and Dollie Younts Stadium, with kickoff scheduled for 4 p.m.
Game tickets will be available two hours before kickoff at the ticket booth located in front of the stadium.
From 6-8 p.m. Friday, the NGU Alumni Association will host the official Homecoming Weekend Kick-Off Party at Topgolf Greenville. The entry fee will include two hours of unlimited Topgolf play and Topgolf’s all-American menu.
Following the Kick-Off Party, an ice-cream social and graduate school tour will take place at the AfterParty from 8:30–10 p.m. At this extended networking event, attendees will have the opportunity to learn more about the school’s award-winning graduate-school programs.
On Oct. 26, attendees can pastries and coffee with the NGU first family. During the morning, the Alumni Association will offer three 30-minute bus guided campus tours.
Alumni and current NGU students are invited to a pregame alumni tailgate at 12:30 p.m. at the Athletic Complex. Alumni can then join NGU students and the 2019 Homecoming Court for a new tradition: The Homecoming Court Parade.
Led by the Marching Crusader Band, the caravan of the homecoming court will proceed through the tailgate area on its way to Younts Stadium for the 4 p.m. football game.
A pre-game celebrations before kickoff will include a homecoming queen reunion during which all past homecoming queens will help welcome a new queen into this special group and crown the 2019 Homecoming Queen.
“Each year, Homecoming draws the NGU family together to celebrate our university and why it’s so important in our lives,” said Lamont Sullivan, director of alumni engagement. “There is no better way to get this historic celebration underway than by joining thousands of alumni and fans at Homecoming.”
HOMECOMING MAIN EVENTS
A full list of events on Friday and Saturday is available on the NGU Homecoming website.
The Official NGU Homecoming Weekend Kick-Off Party: Friday, Oct. 25
- Topgolf Greenville
- 6-8 p.m.
- 201 Clifton Court, Greenville 29615
- Cost: $50 per person; includes a football game ticket. (an $80 value package). Topgolf bays can accommodate eight people. For $350 you can purchase a bay to ensure that you and your family and friends are seated together.
AfterParty Ice-Cream Social and Graduate School Tour: Friday, Oct. 25
- T. Walter Brashier Graduate School
- 8:30-10 p.m.
- 405 Lancaster Ave., Greer
Taste & Tour – President’s Home : Saturday, Oct. 26
- Pastries and coffee with NGU first family
- Alumni Association will offer three 30-minute bus guided campus tours
- Tours are first-come, first-served
- 8:30–10 a.m.
- Cost: Free
Alumni Homecoming Brunch – Hayes Ministry Center: Saturday, Oct. 26
- The class of 1969 will be honored and inducted in the university’s Half Century Club
- 2019 Alumni Award winners will be honored
- 10:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
- Cost: $15 per person
Alumni Tailgate – NGU Athletic Complex: Saturday, Oct. 26
- Pregame tailgate party
- Homecoming Court Parade
- 12:30–3:30 p.m.
- Lowcountry Boil
- $10 per person, kids free
Game Day – Younts Stadium: Saturday, Oct. 26
- Kick off 4 p.m.
- Valdosta State vs. NGU
- Tickets may be purchased at the stadium if you did not attend the Topgolf Kick-Off Party
- Homecoming Queen Reunion
- 2019 Homecoming Court – Crowning of 2019 Homecoming Queen
- Marching Crusaders Band
Full Event Ticket: $75
(Includes: Topgolf, alumni brunch, and alumni tailgate)
Topgolf and Football Game Only: $50
Alumni Brunch/Luncheon Only: $15
Alumni Tailgate Only: $10
For more information and to register, visit ngu.edu/homecoming.