Tim Scott: Gorsuch is the right man to serve as Supreme Court Justice

“After our conversation, I walked away convinced that he has the right temperament to fill the ninth seat of the highest court in our nation.”

Out of the Blue

Steer clear of The Blue — the great petri dish in the sky that breeds utterances and outbursts that are so far out that listeners have no ready answer, let alone a clever riposte.

Tim Scott: The Investing in Opportunity Act will lift up those who’ve been left behind

With more than 50 million individuals living in distressed communities, we must do more to help those who cannot help themselves.

A salute to long-time sewer subdistrict leader M. Graham Proffit

Now, after 48 years of service to the Commission he helped to create, M. Graham Proffitt, III is retiring from the Metropolitan Sewer Subdistrict Commission. It has been an honor to serve beside him.

Bob Inglis: Unmasking the deceit over climate change

When it comes to climate-change-denying magic tricks, it is wise to remember the old adage, “Once revealed, never concealed.” That’s why — as “Merchants of Doubt” reaches more and more audiences — the hoaxsters are starting to have trouble duping conservatives.

What I’m for, what I’m against, and why I attended the Women’s March on Washington

Before I went to D.C., I had a few people ask me what I was protesting against, and, not wanting to seem “aggressive,” I said that it was more about marching “for” things, rather than protesting “against” things. And, for the most part, that is absolutely true.

Tim Scott: Building a better health-care system

Eight years ago, then-Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi stated that we would have to pass the Affordable Care Act, or Obamacare, in order to figure out what was in it. Thanks to that irresponsible logic, the American people were forced into a health-care system that is unable to keep the promises on which it was sold.

America is made great by those who remake it

Hope is engrained in the American way of life. It is that hope that led slaves to make that perilous journey in the darkness of night on an underground railroad to the light of freedom. It is that hope that led women to reach for the ballot.

What happens if Obamacare is repealed without a replacement?

Greenville County has 18,000 adults in the “Medicaid gap” with absolutely no options for health care coverage. These individuals are a significant portion of the nearly 4,000 patients annually who receive their health care at the Greenville Free Medical Clinic.

Do you know the oldest standing structure in Greenville County?

By international standards, the United States is a very young country. Countries in Asia, Africa, Europe and South America boast of architectural treasures thousands of years old. Yet aside from some Native American dwellings in New Mexico and several structures in San Juan, Puerto Rico, the oldest surviving architecture in what now constitutes the United […]

Clowns are funny — censorship, not so much

This week, much of Greenville, if not a good sizable portion of the social media nation, was enthralled by one story and one story only — the terrifying tale of the Fleetwood Manor clown.

Reading the Tea Leaves

“It’s not a place that I think of very often. In fact, I can’t recall giving the small town much thought since I left the Upstate years ago.”