Donors and volunteers with the United Way of Greenville County came together Tuesday to celebrate the impact the organization has had on the Upstate community.
At the Community Awards Celebration, members and businesses from the community were recognized for helping the organization raise $18,236,845 in 2018.
The funding comes from a number of resources, including United Way’s endowment and both community and federal grants. It is also a result of gifts from individual supporters not connected with a workplace campaign.
“While the money is impressive, the work that it enables in our community is most important,” said United Way of Greenville County President and CEO Meghan Barp. “Thank you for continuing to join us in the fight for education, income and health for all.”
Last year, United Way activated 13,000 volunteers to give their time to improve the community, contributing 45,000 volunteer hours with an estimated value of $1.1 million in impact.
Honors Presented at Community Awards Celebration
The Spirit Award to Diana Watson for her work leading this year’s campaign, during which she led volunteers on tours of 70 United Way partner agencies.
- The Advocate of the Year Award to Greenville Chamber President and CEO Carlos Phillips for his leadership and advocacy behind the successful passage of legislation expanding the list of non-violent, low-level offenses eligible for expungement.
- The Corporate Volunteerism Award to Michelin North America for contributing 1,177 volunteer hours in Greenville County.
- The Campaign Award of Excellence to 358 companies
- The Chairman’s Award to 142 companies
- The Campaign Award of Advancement to 133 companies for achieving a 25 increase in
employee giving or a 25 percent increase in employee participation.
- #1 Awards were presented to companies whose outstanding support of United Way placed them first in total employee contributions:
2 to 24 Employees: Easlan Capital Inc., raising $42,325
25 to 99 Employees: UBS Financial Services, raising $93,409
100–199 Employees: AMECO, raising $131,442
200–499 Employees: UPS Inside Sales, raising $193,816
500–1,000 Employees: Nutra Manufacturing, raising $127,000
- The Top 10 Overall Campaigns (combined employee and corporate gifts) were also recognized.
- They are: Fluor Corporation at $2,678,912, followed by Michelin North America, Prisma Health (formerly Greenville Health System), GE, Greenville County Schools, Publix Super Markets, Bon Secours St. Francis Health System, TD Bank, UPS and County of Greenville.