Greenbrier Farms’ recent fifth annual Campfire Social Charity Event featured cuisine from some of the Upstate and Southeastern regions’ best chefs to raise funds for Project Host. Arguably one of the prettiest venues in the area from which to watch the sun set, Greenbrier’s indoor and outdoor spaces provided a picturesque setting for an evening showcasing craft beer, wine, and produce and proteins from Greenbrier and other local farms.
The evening’s menu:
- Craig Kuhns, Greenbrier Farms: Fire-roasted al pastor beef, drip cooked root vegetables, pickled salsa verde.
- Shawn Kelly, Fork and Plough: Sweet potato and coconut soup, Thai pork and peanut sandwich.
- Anthony Gray, Bacon Bros. Public House, Greenville: Whole-hog gumbo.
- Tobin Simpson, Project Host: Southern bibimbap with Greenbrier pork (both meat and vegetarian versions).
- Jon Buck, Husk Restaurant, Greenville: Southern-style beans, rice, and braised greens.
- Jamie Cribb, The Kennedy: Ember-roasted butternut squash, tikka masala, yogurt, Carolina Gold peanut rice.
- Kyle Lee McKnight, Barrister’s at The Esquire Hotel: Assorted Greenbrier vegetables including grilled salad, smoked carrots with barbecue beer-can cabbage, local cheese.
- Christian Hansen, Blue Ridge Creamery: Special selection of locally produced artisanal cheeses.
- Adam Cooke, Due South Coffee: Coffees, mocktails, and small bites.
- Jeanne Hall, Bossy Baker: Molasses ginger bars and toffee cookie bars.
- Anne Marie O’Hara, Emily Dallam, and Elizabeth Gibbs, The Chocolate Moose Bakery & Cafe: Red velvet mini cupcakes, pumpkin mini cupcakes, brown-butter chocolate chip cookies with sea salt, salted caramel banana pudding, and chocolate mousse.