America is made great by those who remake it

Hope is engrained in the American way of life. It is that hope that led slaves to make that perilous journey in the darkness of night on an underground railroad to the light of freedom. It is that hope that led women to reach for the ballot.

What happens if Obamacare is repealed without a replacement?

Greenville County has 18,000 adults in the “Medicaid gap” with absolutely no options for health care coverage. These individuals are a significant portion of the nearly 4,000 patients annually who receive their health care at the Greenville Free Medical Clinic.

Do you know the oldest standing structure in Greenville County?

By international standards, the United States is a very young country. Countries in Asia, Africa, Europe and South America boast of architectural treasures thousands of years old. Yet aside from some Native American dwellings in New Mexico and several structures in San Juan, Puerto Rico, the oldest surviving architecture in what now constitutes the United […]

Clowns are funny — censorship, not so much

This week, much of Greenville, if not a good sizable portion of the social media nation, was enthralled by one story and one story only — the terrifying tale of the Fleetwood Manor clown.

Reading the Tea Leaves

“It’s not a place that I think of very often. In fact, I can’t recall giving the small town much thought since I left the Upstate years ago.”